Mobile Product | Search in App
With Yahoo Search in Apps, users no longer need to leave your app to search the web. Users can search and browse for information while staying engaged with your application and content.
Easily add Yahoo Search results and ads to your apps in order to:
- Improve the in-app experience and capture monetizable moments. Capture more of the user experience - no more leaving your app and launching a browser to perform a quick search
- Make money on queries. Mobile Search ads provide a simple way to monetize your mobile app without sacrificing user experience. Users see Search as a useful new feature rather than the addition of disruptive ads.
Yahoo Search in Apps is now available in US, UK, FR, TW, HK. New Features include:
- Search history for web, apps, and contacts
- Scrollable tab bar available by default
- Limit of verticals increased to 20
Examples from lockscreen and browser app:
Examples from launcher and security app:
- Yahoo Hosted Search (YHS)
- Simple search URL; no code to implement or integrate
- Optional Search Assist (autocomplete suggestions) available via API as well
- Most flexibility: developer has to create the search experience, but has the most control over how the application behaves. For example, search results can open in a browser, instead of in a webview within the app
- Fastest performance
- Best for: home screen search boxes, browsers, lock screens
- Yahoo Search SDK
- Allows developers to integrate Search with a few lines of code
- Creates and manages the Search user experience (creates Search Activity), including built-in search assist (autocomplete suggestions), and displays search results in webview, without leaving the app
- Includes separate tabs for Image and Video search
- User experience can be customized
- Includes "Search to Link" functionality with lets users "share" links that they find from search results (sends metadata about the destination page back to the integrated application). For example, if the user searches for "cat pictures", they can select an image and share it
- SDK size is roughly 800kb
- Best for: applications where the developer does not want the user to leave the app (utility apps), media apps, or where sharing links is useful (messaging apps, keyboards)
Unlock the monetization power of search, while keeping users engaged and in-app.
Yahoo Search in Apps is free at any scale and available for iOS and Android. Getting started is easy! Download the SDK.
If you want to learn more about this opportunity, please contact your Partner Manager or our team here.